This report is a collaborative publication produced by the three leading groups representing the public transport industry in Australia Australasian Railway Association, Bus Industry Confederation and International Association of Public Transport–UITP).
It has been jointly authored by John Stanley (Adjunct Professor, Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies, University of Sydney) and Simon Barrett Managing Director of LEK Consulting, Australia . The report is targeted at key policy-makers in Commonwealth and State/Territory Governments, with an interest in, or responsibility for, transport policy and related areas. It has significant implications for urban design and planning in our cities and towns. For more information see www.ara.net.au/UserFiles/file/Publications/Moving_People_summary.pdf
Also in UDFQ 90: June 2010:
- Space for thought: the role of urban design on the Gallipoli Underpass
- ‘CABE DownUnder’ update
- Australia Award for Urban Design update
- Urban design – more than the ordinary and obvious!
- Fourth Australian New Urbanism Congress
- Street elevations – a critical element of the approval process?
- Reflections on ACNU Congress 2010
- Inspired by the conference
- International speakers of great value
- The next conversation
- Subtropical design in South East Queensland - handbook for planners, developers and decision-makers
- Impacts of climate change on infrastructure
- ‘Climate design’ AECOM and Professor Peter Droege
- Integrated transport?
- Sustainability and urban design
- Urban design: small is beautiful
- Conferences, etc